Scope of services
Cyber breach investigations
We apply solid experience, advanced tools and techniques and a strong understanding of attacker methodologies to reconstruct critical steps of the cyber ‘kill chain’ from initial exploitation to privilege escalation, lateral movement and data exfiltration.
Our experience ranges from common ‘smash and grab’ style SQL injections that steal financial information from websites, right up to sophisticated, state-backed attackers lurking on corporate networks and carefully exfiltrating valuable intellectual property for months before detection.
Our approach to cyber incident response combines several leading edge capabilities:
- Deployment of powerful endpoint sensors to detect ongoing malicious activities
- Leveraging global threat intelligence to better understand attack methodologies
- Collection of both live and static forensic data across network environments
- Forensic analysis for malicious activities and indicators of compromise (IOCs)
- Developing custom IOCs and scanning networks for other infected hosts
- Vulnerability scanning to identify known weaknesses and help remediation
- Malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Liaison with law enforcement and other external agencies for assistance.
Our multi-faceted approach provides visibility of attacker actions both retrospectively and going forwards, to help organisations clearly understand how their systems were compromised, what the attackers did and how the organisation should respond.
Expert analysis and evidence
We are often relied upon to provide expert evidence in legal and other proceedings, including:
- Case assessment, review of other expert reports and advice on potential avenues of further technical investigation
- Assisting with the preparation of legal submissions, search applications, court orders and questions for expert reports and examination
- Evidence collection using specialist forensic tools and methods, adhering to industry standards for maintaining evidentiary integrity
- Forensic analysis to reconstruct user and system activities relevant to legal issues
- Provision of expert reports and testimony in proceedings, in compliance with relevant expert witness codes of conduct
- Briefing lawyers and counsel in preparation for legal proceedings.
E-discovery and litigation support
Why pay “per GB” for electronic discovery services when you should only be paying for the actual effort required?
We combine expert technical knowledge, a rigorous forensic approach, proven experience and a true “fee for service” pricing model to provide the highest quality and most cost-effective e-discovery services available.
We can perform both simple and complex data collection with a suite of forensic tools and methods. We employ powerful e-discovery platforms to rapidly process, analyse, filter and search vast quantities of data.
We also provide simplified, hosted legal review on our in-house review platform, which clients can access securely across the Internet, including full case management and user training.
And since our services are not based on “per GB” revenue models, our clients only pay for the actual effort we spend.
Trusted cyber security partner to leading Australian organisations.
cyber security and cloud partner
Expertise at scale
More than 1,300 cyber security and cloud professionals delivering solutions to our customers.
Eyes on glass 24/7
Continuous monitoring of your network across our 9 advanced security operations centres globally.
Help when you need it
The region’s largest team of incident responders handle over 250 cyber breaches per year.
Assessing your needs
Industry-leading experts conduct more than 500 baseline security assessments per year.
Providing credible assurance
Our exceptional team of ethical hackers conducts over 3,000 penetration tests per year.
Training the next generation
The CyberCX Academy is training 500 cyber professionals over the next three years.
Cyber security services
End-to-end services covering every challenge throughout your cyber security and cloud journey.